1. Burning time
It is recommended that you burn your scented candle for approximately 2 hours the first time you use it . This allows the fragrance to diffuse effectively and the entire top surface to liquefy evenly. If you don't let your candle burn long enough, it may hollow out , which can significantly reduce its burn time. The recommended burn time depends on the size of the room you are using the candle in. The larger the room, the longer it will take for the scent to diffuse.
To effectively diffuse the scent of your scented candle and create a friendly atmosphere, light it one hour before your guests arrive.
2. Cut the wick
It is important to trim the wick 1cm above the wax of your scented candle before each use as this helps prevent soot formation and prevents the flame from getting too high. Additionally, the heat can cause the wick to bend to the sides, which can cause uneven burning and reduce the burn time of your candle. Failure to trim the wick can cause one side of the candle to burn faster than the other, which is unsightly and can significantly reduce its lifespan.
3. Smother the Flame
When you want to extinguish the flame of your scented candle, it is better to smother it than to blow it out . Indeed, by blowing on the flame, you risk producing black smoke and soot which could dirty the environment and affect the quality of the air. By smothering the flame with a snuffer or lid, you can avoid these problems and extend the life of your scented candle.
- Always place the candle on heat resistant surfaces away from radiators or other hot surfaces.
- Do not light the candle in rooms with children or pets and never leave a burning candle unattended
- Always keep the candle lit in an upright position so that the wax burns evenly. When you turn it off, let the wax cool down before using it again.
- Keep the wax free of residue.
- Keep the trimmed wick 1cm above the wax for optimal combustion.
- Always keep the candle away from curtains, drafts and air vents. If you use several candles at the same time, leave a space of 10 cm between them.
- Extinguish the candle after four hours of continuous use and never leave it burning unattended in a room. Always use a candle snuffer.
- Extinguish the candle before it is completely used up, always leaving at least 1 cm of wax.
- Ventilate the room after each use
- Wait for the glass to cool after extinguishing the candle before handling it